Pistachios are a food that provides numerous health benefits. Due to their nutrient content, these nuts are a very complete and healthy food.
Pistachios are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Its high content of potassium, magnesium and calcium makes pistachios a particularly beneficial food for general health.
But do you know what are the properties that make the pistachio so good for health?
Pistachios are a good source of monounsaturated fats, which are the “good” fats that can help lower blood cholesterol and triglycerides.
They also contain folic acid, which is important for heart health, and potassium, which can help control blood pressure.
Also, pistachios provide folic acid, an essential nutrient for the formation of red blood cells and DNA synthesis.
They are high in protein and fiber, and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals.
The functional properties of pistachios support general immune function in many ways.
In this sense, this dry fruit contains the following:
- B vitamins (B1, B6 and Folate): Necessary to fight infections.
- Zinc, magnesium and selenium: May reduce the risk and severity of viral infections.
- Proteins: They can strengthen the immune system by helping to maintain healthy immune cells, which are responsible for eliminating damaged cells, bacteria and viruses.
- Gamma-Tocopherol (antioxidant): May help speed up recovery time and reduce airway inflammation.
- Copper: Helps produce antibodies to maintain the immune system.
- Polyphenols and carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin): They can increase the activity of some immune cells, reduce inflammation and can strengthen the body’s antioxidant defense mechanism.
- Prebiotics (more than fiber): They act as a nutrient for probiotics, beneficial in the gastrointestinal tract that help protect the body from infections and regulate the mucosal immune system. Research shows that pistachios possess prebiotic properties and may help increase beneficial probiotic bacteria.
Nuts, such as pistachios, should be an integral part of a healthy diet. Not only are they naturally low in sodium and sugar, but pistachios are renowned for their positive impact on heart health, weight, and blood sugar control.
At Vitium Pistachios we know all these properties first hand, which is why we dedicate ourselves to sowing, cultivating and processing this dry fruit!